Can one person change the world?
At Norwex – we think they can.
What started with a miraculous cloth, a little water and bugs on a windshield in 1994 has become one of the most respected cleaning and personal care companies in the world.
From our humble beginnings in Norway, focused on “cleaning without chemicals” to our most recent launch of Norwex in Australia, we remain dedicated to our mission of improving quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes.
“We are striving to create a legacy to achieve a better quality of life for present and future generations.”
Bjorn Nicolaisen, Norwex Founder and Chairman
Our Global Challenge
- In the last 50 years, the global production and use of manufactured chemicals has increased substantially. More than 80,000 new chemicals have been created.
- Indoor air pollution is one of the top five highest-ranking environmental health problems in America.
- Evidence shows homes have chemical levels up to 70 times higher than outside.
- Most of the chemicals that people are exposed to every day have never been assessed for their impact on human health.
- Parabens utilized in personal care for decades have been shown to have potential harmful effects.
What we do know is the harm chemicals have on humans is extensive. Most concerning are the growing links to chemicals that surround us in everyday life. They are linked to serious diseases such as birth defects, cancer and psychological abnormalities. Many today believe the extensive use of chemicals indoors contributes to many of our ‘modern’ diseases such as allergies and asthma.
Our mission at Norwex is to improve quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes. In addition, the Norwex products make cleaning faster and more cost effective than traditional cleaning products.
The Norwex Solution
- With Norwex Microfiber System, you will not breathe, touch or ingest chemicals – you simply create a cleaner, healthier indoor environment.
- Norwex Marine Organics and Naturally Timeless personal care products offer cutting-edge technology coupled with organic and natural ingredients – without harmful parabens or preservatives.
- SAVE Time – the Norwex Cleaning System decreases cleaning time by 75% or more.
- SAVE Money - An average household spends $600-$800 a year on chemical cleaning products and supplies. By using Norwex products you can realize up to a 90% savings!
- Norwex helps make cleaning fun, fast and easy and teaches your family how to improve their health and environment!
At Norwex, our Purpose is simple but powerful: The idea that working together, with trust, integrity and honesty as our core values and radically reducing chemicals in our homes as our mission, we can improve the world around us. The Norwex Purpose touches many facets of life with the end result being the ability to collectively make a powerful and positive difference in the world we live in and the lives we touch.
“We strive to improve quality of life rather than standard of living.”
Behind this aspiration rests the value and beauty of life itself. If we work together and take collective responsibility for our planet, we can make a difference!